During Lent we are taking time as a part of our homeschooling to focus on the three areas of Lenten focus: Prayer, Fasting and Almsgiving. The first area that we have been focusing on is PRAYER!
- Mom: Daily Readings, Spiritual Reading and Journaling (Usually about 30 minutes, hopefully before the kids wake up!)
- Family: Morning Offering and Learning about the Saint of the Day (usually at the breakfast table)
- Angelus at Lunch Time
- Decade of the Rosary with Holy Heroes CD’s after Homeschool and Nap Time
- Meal Times:
- Prayer Before and After meals
- Our Father/Hail Mary/Glory Be
- Prayers of Intention
- We are also adding the Daily Examen and Learning the Act of Contrition
Continue reading more HERE!
Nicole Ernest is loving living out her vocations as a Catholic wife and mother. Nicole resides in Nebraska with her husband and their lovable, energy filled boys. Nicole shares about living the liturgical year, homeschooling and marriage/ family life at her blog Children of the Church. Nicole is thrilled to be a part of Catholic Blogger Network!